Note: This Sunday, we will have virtual communion together. Any bread/cracker and drink can be used as communion elements.
ORDER OF SERVICE
Lighting of the solidarity lamp
–Symbolic of our Sister Church relationship with El Divino Redentor
Prelude “You are holy”
Call to worship
Beneath the mists of time,
Before the world began,
Beyond our understanding:
In the beginning . . . God.
Parenting earth’s people
From the beginning . . . God.
Expecting the right moment,
Preparing the right way,
Revealing the right person
For each new beginning . . . God.
Praise be to God,
Maker and mover of heaven and earth.
(adapted from A Wee Worship Book)
Green songbook #3 – Jesus calls us here to meet him
Welcome & prayer
Virtual Passing the Peace (break-out groups)
Purple songbook #29 – My soul cries out
– Song “Let the children come to me”
– The children’s offering through August benefits Randolph Street Community Gardens
– All households are invited to set out a basket and gather an offering weekly. Donations may be sent to the FMC office at any time or can be made online (select children’s offering in “To” box)
Scripture: Matthew 20:1-16
Communion (gather your drink and bread)
– Green songbook #4 – You’ve got a place
Congregational sharing & prayer
– In the absence of a weekly offering collection, reflect on how you are practicing and receiving generosity. Consider giving to First Mennonite Church by mailing a check, giving through your bank, or giving online.
Work of the church
Green songbook #29 – You are all we have
Worship Leader – Pastor Deb
Song leaders = Cindy & Clark Breeze
Piano – Pastor Deb
Prelude & meditation music – Pastor Deb
Children’s Storyteller – Rebecca Bare
Scripture Reader – Janet Liechty
Sermon & sharing – Pastor Michael